Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hey party people (May 21, 2003)

 First to apoligize once again for being a slack arse emailer. I'm in paper and exam hell right but only have 4 more weeks to go until I'm half way done with my degree. Whopeeeeeeeeee.

Not too much excitement going on down here at the moment. Took a trip up the coast for the Easter break (kept calling it "spring break" and confusing the hell out of everyone b/c it is fall here) and got to drive 12 hours each way on the "wrong" side of the road. Ran us into a couple of ditches getting out of the city but I blame that on the fact that it was pissing down rain, not my bad driving. OK, a bit of both. Spent one nite in a place called Coffs Harbour and FINALLY got to see the infamous Big Banana which excited me beyond belief. Spent the next few days in Byron Bay on the coast, a really alternative hippy town (which has sadly become pretty trendy) but it pissed down rain the entire time and spent the day in pot-town Australia, Nimbin, where I heard a little local girl (probably around 8) in the pot museum asking an English tourist if she was going to the "Mardi Grass" festival the following week. Pretty trippy.

So weird though...I met these cousins from the States who were staying in our hostel room and turns out they are from Chicago, close to where I was born, and one now lives in Tiburon. Frickin weird huh? Really cool girls and they've already come to stay with me here in Sydney on their way to New Zealand. I might even end of shacking up with the Tiburon girl when I move back at the end of the year. You really can't escape home no matter where you go.

So our trip to Byron was good...I sprang for a 30 min massage from this weird German guy who smelled so bad and kissed me on the forehead when he was finished, then tried to sell me these vitamins which he claimed were great b/c they came all the way from San Diego! I also had the best haircut of my life which included a20 minute head massage, ahhhhhhh. The most fun I've had in months. While I was getting pampered, my flatmate Ruth decided to get tortured and got a tattoo where she almost broke all the bones in my hand when the guy first put the needle into her skin.

That's about all that's happened lately. I've decided to move back to Bondi Beach where I was living last time I was here, my actual old apartment building has a couple of vacant places, but I have to wait until the end of next month to get out of here. I know thatif I stay here any longer I'll go crazy...except the bar has opened and we can even use our "U-cards" to purchase alcohol for the next few weeks until exams are over. So that will help me get by. I'm going to be moving in with a really cool guy from LA who is now living in a catered dorm which he says is more like a glorified fraternity house with a bunch of 18 year olds first years. Still trying to talk another Yank friend into moving in with us but he's probably going to piss off home because he hates his course (well duh, it's agriculture science).

Anyway, now that I'm moving back to the beach you all have to come visit me. I'll be in New Zealand from July 2-23 but hell, you're all invited to come with ;)

Miss you guys, hope all is well and keep in touch.
L!

No comments:

Post a Comment